Please visit my website:

Friday, June 26, 2009

For philanthropy courses, students become the givers - The Boston Globe

What better way to learn the value of giving than by actually doing it? It's an idea that I've been mulling over lately, and am glad to see it in action as described in this article- College students exploring philanthropy by going through the process of vetting charitable groups for real grants.

For philanthropy courses, students become the givers - The Boston Globe

I've been thinking lately about using this idea to help coach people who feel hesitant about fundraising, too. I think most people have a hard time, especially at the beginning, asking for money. But once you understand the mental, emotional, and spiritual process of deciding where and why you donate your money, the whole things starts to look and feel a little different.

I know I'm not the only professional fundraiser in the world who found her self giving more once she got into the business of asking. I think giving and asking naturally go hand-in-hand.

No comments: